Before you move
1. Why should I choose Major Move?
Major Move is your one stop shop for all your moving supplies delivered right to your doorstep. We strongly believe that you should only have to go to one place to purchase everything you need to make your move less stressful. Major Move makes it even easier by providing you with a professional, safe, and secure website to purchase all your necessary supplies.
2. What is a Major Box?
Major Move offers an eco-friendly, plastic alternative to cardboard boxes. Major Boxes are rented on a weekly basis and delivered and picked up from your home. They are made of 100% recycled plastic and come in two convenient sizes. They are weather resistant, strong, and stackable keeping your personal belongings safe for the entire moving process.
3. I've Never Moved Before — What Do I Need?
Major Move strongly recommends following our simple process.
1. Select Your Rental Period
2. Choose Your Moving Package
3. Customize Your Moving Package
4. Checkout & Get It Delivered.
4. What method of payment do you currently accept?
We currently accept;
• American Express
5. Is my Credit Card information stored with your company?
Major Move will never store your credit card information for any purpose unless requested by the customer. All of your credit card information is safely and securely processed through PayPal Pro.
6. How do I know my personal and credit card information is safe when purchasing on your website?
Major Move has gone to great lengths to ensure that all your information is safe and secure by working with PayPal Pro, one of the biggest transaction processors in the world. Trusted and used by many of the world's largest corporations and financial institutions, you can rest assure that all your credit card information is in the right hands.
7. Does Major Move sell or share my personal information to other companies?
Major Move does not sell or share any personal information with outside companies unless requested by the customer.
8. If I live in a condo or apartment, will you bring my order up to my unit?
Yes, we will be happy to deliver right to your condo or apartment unit. In order to do so, please ensure that you provide the necessary information such as "buzzer" code, suite #and/or entry directions when ordering.
9. Are There Any Conditions To FREE DELIVERY?
Delivery & Pick up is free within (Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke, North York & Scarborough) with orders over $50.00. A charge of $30.00 will apply to orders less than $50.00 or if outside of our specified areas above.
10. Will I get a phone call from the delivery driver prior to arrival?
Yes, our delivery drivers always call 15-20 minutes before they arrive. An alternate contact number would be helpful in the event that the primary contact is unavailable.
11. What if the delivery driver calls and I miss the phone call?
That's o.k, our delivery drivers are just calling to give you a heads up on their estimated time of arrival. Don't worry they will still deliver the order.
12. What if I need to cancel my order?
Accidents Happen, don't worry we understand. Just give us 24 hours notice of your intent to cancel.
There will be no charge if 24 hours notice is given.
If less than 24 hours is given, a $20.00 cancellation fee will be charged. However this $20.00 cancellation fee can be used as a credit to your next rescheduling date.
13. Do I need to be there when my product is delivered?
Unless arrangements have been made prior to delivery, someone will be required to sign off on the order.
14. Can I pay with Cash?
Yes, final payments can be made in cash as long as no items have been rented.
During your move
15. What If I Need More Products?
Please contact us directly during business hours or leave us a detailed message after hours by email or phone. We will respond by the next business day. Should you require delivery, additional charges will apply.
16. What If My Rental Equipment Fails?
Our equipment is inspected before and after each move to assure reliability. However, in the event that it fails during your move, we will gladly replace it when possible. Should the failure occur at the end of your move when time does not permit us to replace it, we will be happy to apply an appropriate discount to your final charges.
17. Will I receive a confirmation?
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email with every order.
18. Can I keep my rental products for a longer period of time?
Yes, please give us a call at least 24 hours notice prior to your return time and date to allow for changes to be made on our end. Additional charges will apply.
19. Can I change my Delivery or Pick Up Dates and times?
Yes, we will do our very best to accommodate any changes you might have. Simply call us directly at 416.245.6683 as soon as possible and our Major Move Officers will be happy to assist you.
20. Can I keep my Major Boxes or rental equipment longer if I need to?
Yes, please call and notify our office of your request to keep your Major Boxes or rental equipment for a longer period of time. Additional charges will be applied according to your extension.
After your move
21. Will you pick up and dispose of my cardboard boxes after I'm finished with them?
Unfortunately, we do not provide this service. Check your municipality for curbside pick up, or with your apartment/condo policies.
22. Can I get a refund for my unused cardboard boxes?
Some competitors offer a refund for unused boxes, however, they require customers to purchase large packages. We offer various options and quantities to suit your specific needs. As such, we do not offer refunds for unused cardboard.
23. When is my pre-authorization released back onto my credit card?
Pre-authorized amounts are generally held on your credit card for up to (2) weeks after your final payment is processed. However, this varies from bank to bank. We advise you to check with your provider for exact hold times.